By Thinley Norbu
Like a spontaneous cascade of knowledge nectar, the open and traditional phrases of Thinley Norbu Rinpoche, easy by way of scholarly elaboration, stream right here within the culture of the direct transmissions of Buddhas and Bodhisattvas of the earlier. via statement at the initial Practices (Ngöndrö) prayer from the treasure textual content of the good grasp Tragtung Düdjom Lingpa, insights into many relevant practices emerge to be able to deepen knowing of the rules of Vajrayana Buddhism. additionally incorporated within the publication is a remark on Tsok Khang Dechen (Assembly Palace of serious Exaltation), the foundation textual content prayer of the second one Kyabje Düdjom Rinpoche, Jigdrel Yeshe Dorje.
Read Online or Download A Cascading Waterfall of Nectar PDF
Similar tibetan books
Guru yoga is the root for the entire tantric structure;it is the strength that provides power to a significant practitioner's meditation.
This e-book is the main recognized e-book of teachings of Machik Labdron, the nice lady saint and yogini of eleven and twelfth century Tibet, now ultimately translated in its fullyyt into English.
This ebook is an advent to Buddhist psychology and provides crucial directions for profitable meditation perform.
The 3 degrees of non secular notion is a revised variation of the vintage consultant to the Lamdre, a key approach of meditation of the Sakya culture of Tibetan Buddhism.
Written via one of many first Tibetan masters to reside and train within the usa, it really is rendered in a lyrical kind that entertains, evokes, and motivates the reader. A key paintings for all those who find themselves desirous to enhance and deepen their meditation perform.
- Soundings in Tibetan civilization
- Rainbow Body: The Life and Realization of a Tibetan Yogin, Togden Ugyen Tendzin
- Gampopa Teaches Essence Mahamudra: Interviews with his heart disciples, Dusum Khyenpa and others
- Maya Yoga: Longchenpa's Finding Comfort and Ease in Enchantment
Extra info for A Cascading Waterfall of Nectar
36. 37. 38. yon tan mdzod. Tantric vow. sdong po bkod pa'i mdo. A sound of calling or invoking. 30 • COMMENTARY ON THE NEW TREASURE OF DUDJOM The Lama should be respected whether his appearances or activity seem good or bad, because of the Lama's general great kindness of turning one to the direction of the holy Dharma and especially introducing one's own awareness mind. It is as said: The Lama is equal to all Buddhas. Thus, as it is said, it is necessary to view the qualities of the Lama as equal to that of all Buddhas.
The power of manifestation is inconceivable, and it cannot be made conceivable. Even if one tries to make it conceivable to understand it or explain it, inconceivability means that there is nothing that can be conceived of in an ordinary way. It would be very tiring to try to describe the many different levels and qualities of all the different gods and deities, placing them within a framework of stages and trying to make them into something real or to determine whose qualities are greater. Whatever god is considered, too much materialization transforms into nihilism.
According to the higher vehicles, the characteristic of alaya is that from the beginning, it is the nature of the essence of enlightenment, which is pure. It is called the enlightened mind of the basis of all. Because of temporary obscurations imposed by the passions and negative habits, it is like gold covered by stains or a precious jewel lodged in the mud; it is only temporarily that its qualities do not appear. The nature of the essence of enlightenment never diminishes. It is said in The Vajra Ornament: 22 The jewel that blazes like a lamp, Although sunk in the mud of a defiled place, Has self-manifesting natural qualities of light That illuminate the sky.