By Harold. Spencer
Read Online or Download A Kanarese grammar : with graduated exercises PDF
Best linguistics books
This publication, derived from the acclaimed Cambridge Encyclopedia of the World's old Languages, describes the traditional languages of Asia Minor, for the benefit of scholars and experts operating in that zone. every one bankruptcy of the paintings specializes in someone language or, in a few circumstances, a suite of heavily similar types of a language.
'The guide of Intercultural Discourse and Communication' brings jointly internationally-renowned students from a number fields to survey the theoretical views and utilized paintings, together with instance analyses, during this burgeoning region of linguistics.
• positive factors contributions from verified researchers in sociolinguistics and intercultural discourse
• Explores the theoretical views underlying paintings within the field
• Examines the heritage of the sector, paintings in cross-cultural verbal exchange, and lines of discourse
• Establishes the scope of this interdisciplinary box of study
• contains assurance on person linguistic beneficial properties, akin to indirectness and politeness, in addition to pattern analyses of IDC exchanges
Language checking out Reconsidered offers a severe replace on significant matters that experience engaged the sphere of language trying out on the grounds that its inception. someone who's operating in, learning or educating language trying out must have a duplicate of this publication. the knowledge, discussions, and reflections provided in the quantity tackle significant advancements in the box over the last a long time, enlivened by way of present "takes" on those matters.
The Yearbook of Corpus Linguistics and Pragmatics2013 discusses present methodological debates at the synergy of Corpus Linguistics and Pragmatics examine. the amount provides insightful pragmatic analyses of corpora in new technological domain names and devotes a few chapters to the pragmatic description of spoken corpora from a number of theoretical traditions.
- Hiragana, the Basics of Japanese
- Antiques in Your Home: A Book for the Small Collector of English Antiques
- Der arabische Dialekt von Mharde (Zentralsyrien)
- Dependency Linguistics: Recent advances in linguistic theory using dependency structures
- Bibliography of semiotics, 1975-1985
Additional info for A Kanarese grammar : with graduated exercises
SYNTAX Use of the Crude Form of Nouns In addition to the usage referred to on page 51, there are several other ways in which the crude form of nouns may be used instead of the various cases. We have already noticed the use of the crude form for the accusative case, pp. 15, 21 . The following illustrations cover all the cases : (1) Crude Form instead of Nominative, adJdJ71 2JOd4J the boy came (for ~JdJrt~J zJod~J) ; -ds czaJ1 ig- zli4d3 this dog bites (for -14s ~O9JO3JJ ~d z~4t~J) . (2) Crude Form instead of Accusative.
3. ~'~Ji~J7j~J a~e3o3J o'SZoJTWJ L3~oc L3(dt$ -~ 4 ) CS6F~a al , ~~5 . r3~da3J 6. The termination tQ or Q-J added to a word gives to the 7. sentence in which it occurs an interrogative meaning. The 8 . s~~J3e, ;;~Ndo ~JJ~o3J~~ 3,Qesea3J . 9 . e~~o3JJ m:;etJ ; finite verb is the word to which the termination is usually added, e3s~ez~o3JJ z~~~~z3~~J . 10 . , tl w7i~i~d ? is the servant working? When as, av~09J~u0L3 7jS J J u 0 L 3 7 j S i3o'JL~JTt~~J d 1E~~* E;9d8A the finite verb is omitted in a sentence the particle is added to md 12 .
2 Or dsaWddo . P, 3 .. THE PAST TENSE OF SOME COMMON IRREGULAR VERBS As we have seen, all verbs ending in em have their presents and future tenses and the imperative mood in the style of but some very common verbs are irregular in the forms of the past. Amongst these are 'ate (past tense, 'ad NJ, W~ . . with the same endings as dzDad'J) Z4J (past tense, uodNJ . . ) -ddJ `bring' (past tense ~oc3,NJ . ) 4,ri)d3 `give' (past tense, 4jaU NJ . ) wL~J 'feel' (past tense, tM r) . . ) and ad,) `place' (past tense, 'a~l iJ .